Experience Another Culture with the Latin Neighbor Team
You are invited to join the Latin Neighbors Team, Jubilee’s newest outreach team. We will plan ways to connect Jubilants with our Latin Neighbors to share cultural and family traditions, discuss issues affecting local immigrants and directly support the immigrant community of Buncombe County. The Team will plan Latino/Jubilant family gatherings, with music, piñatas, and dance, study books, newspaper articles, team leader videos and first hand accounts to examine facts about immigrant life and develop referrals for work in the Buncombe County area. The only languages you need to speak are laughter, acceptance, and friendship! The first meeting will be on Wednesday, October 7, at 7 pm at Marian Patten’s home. Meet Marian in the Hospitality room with questions after each service on Sunday, October 4th or contact Marian at 828-252-5826, [email protected].
ObamaCare 2016 …Get Your Questions Answered
Open Enrollment for 2016 Health Insurance coverage thru the Affordable Care Act starts 11.1.2015. Get answers from Dave Trout of Trout Insurance. Learn how your estimated income for 2016 will affect your premium discount tax credit. And how this can make your insurance affordable. We discuss new plans and insurance companies’ options and how your insurance works with networks of doctors. How to choose the coverage which best fits your needs, values and budget.
For Folks Over 65 ( or getting there) – we’ll review Medicare, supplements and other options, Rx plans and the anticipated increase in Part B premiums. Join us for this upbeat and interactive presentation.
Jubilee! Artists Network…You Are Invited to Participate
The Jubilee! Artists Network provides a community for Jubilants who share a common passion for creating art of all kinds. We support each other, stretch and challenge each other and promote each other’s work. The next monthly meeting is Monday evening, October 12, from 7 to 9 pm in the Community Room at the Earth Fare Westgate (Our meetings are there on the 2nd Monday of the month). Questions? Contact Kiah at (510) 427-3387. This group is sponsored by the Jubilee! Arts Team.
Blessing of the Animals
- Sunday, October 4th is the Blessing of the Animals! It happens every year on the 1st Sunday in October which is also known as St. Francis Sunday. So, locate the pet shampoo, find the leash, and bring your pet to Jubilee! to be blessed. For the safety of people and other pets, we ask that all pets be under your control at all times, either on a leash or in some kind of container.
Take a Hike
- Come hike the Appalachian Trail that crosses over the 6000+ foot bald mountain tops of The Roan’s and take in the autumn splendor with 360 degree vistas. This is an “out and back” hike and it’s a 90 minute drive to the trailhead. We will meet in the Earth Fare at Westgate Parking lot at 12:30 pm on Sunday, October 4th. For more information email Tim at t[email protected] yahoo.com. Kids and dogs on leashes are welcome to participate. This hike is sponsored by the Jubilee! Earth Team.
Help Build a Home
- It’s time for the 17th annual Habitat For Humanity Interfaith House. Jubilee! has been asked to provide volunteers. The next workdays are October 10th and 16th. The house under construction is in the Hudson Hill subdivision in West Asheville. The workday is 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. If you can volunteer, please sign-up in the Hospitality Room. The sheets are on the counter. This effort is supported by the Jubilee! Service Team.
Fall Clean Up Day
- It’s a Jubilee! tradition! Each fall and spring we ask Jubilants to come to Jubilee! and help us clean up. We will be gathering on Saturday, October 10th from 9:30 am till noon to do a multitude of tasks that help keep Jubilee! looking good. Come for all or a part of the morning. Park in the Wall Street Garage and we will pay your parking fee. All cleaning materials will be provided.
- Thanks to all the kids, teens and adults who volunteered at Manna Food Bank on Saturday, September 19th. Great fun and good work. Plus, all enjoyed a well-deserved pizza lunch afterwards.