Jubilee!’s Western Wall is modeled on the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem, Israel. It began with a large bulletin board on the west wall of the Celebration Room where Jubilant's and visitors posted prayers for themselves, loved ones and the world. Today, the Western Wall has evolved into a place where Jubilant's may come to pray with a Prayer Partner. Jubilee!’s Prayer Partners are members of the Care Ministry.
- When you approach one of the Prayer Partners, the person you chose will extend his or her hands to you. You may choose to take their hands or hug them, if that feels right to you. You may also choose to tell your Prayer Partner that you do not wish to be touched.
- If you wish to pray aloud, tell your Prayer Partner what your prayer request is. Your partner will then repeat the request back to you using his or her words while ensuring that your specific request is honored.
- Tell your Prayer partner which god or deity you wish to pray to. Remember, Jubilee! is not a traditional “Christian” church. Rather, it is a “Christian-centered community of faith.”
- You do not have to pray aloud and may pray in silence if you wish. If you need a shoulder to cry on, your Prayer Partner will be that for you. Anything that you say to your Prayer Partner will be held in the strictest confidence. You may also pray alone at the Candle Altar at any time.
- Written prayer requests may be placed on the bulletin board. These prayers will be read, prayed for, and initialed by Prayer Partners. Other members of our community may read and pray for these requests as well. Prayers placed on the Wailing Wall bulletin board, therefore, are not confidential. At the end of each Via, all prayer requests are removed from the bulletin board and burned during the celebrations.
- If you are reluctant to come to the Prayer Alcove during celebrations, Prayer Partners are always available before and after to serve you.
- If you feel the need to pray with someone during the week, you may call any of the following people:
- Jay Joslin at (828) 275 – 4367
- Peggy Moore at (828) 664 – 9329
- Ruth Stephens at (828) 683 – 4777
- Suzannah Tebbe-Davis at (828) 298 – 9623
The Prayer Partner will respond to you as soon as possible.
The Western Wall is located in the Prayer Alcove on the west wall of the Celebration Room