- January 6th – Meeting of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, starts at 6:00 pm at The Block, 29 S Market St, Asheville. Learn how you can get involved in reducing gun violence and what is being done at the local, state, and national levels.
- January 9th – 11th – “Community Workshop: Asheville’s African American Heritage Trail”, 4 opportunities to learn and offer input at these workshops. Specifics are listed under Details at this Facebook page for the first one on the 9th.
- January 11th – Voter Registration Training from Democracy NC, starting at 11 am. For details, check this link.
- January 16th – Lunch & Learn about Stewart Detention Center offered by the League of Women Voters Henderson County, 11:30 – 1 pm. Get details here.
- January 17th – Blue Horizons Energy Project. Learn about this environmental effort from Julie Mayfield. Program starts at 11:30, at the Reuter Center at OLLI on the UNCA Campus. Here is additional information for this presentation and others to follow.
- January 17th – “Brother Outsider” – The Life of Bayard Rustin, at First Congregational UCC, 6:30 pm. Additional details here.
- January 17th – 20th – “Being the Beloved Community” retreat. Check details including cost, location and how to register here.
- January 18th – Martin Luther King, Jr. Prayer Breakfast. Get tickets and more information here.
- January 19th – “Walking In Another’s Shoes – Stories from Asheville’s Past and Hope for the Future” presentation by County Commissioner Al Whitesides through the Ethical Humanists of Asheville, 2:30 pm, at 227 Edgewood Road. Go to their website here to see the description.
- January 20th – “Environmental Injustice: Race, Class and Climate Change”, 5 – 8 pm, Kenilworth Presbyterian Church. Get details from this Facebook page.
- January 25th – WNC Affordable Housing Fair, starts at noon. Get details here.
January 26th – Interfaith Initiative for Social Justice “Annual Meeting”. Come learn what was accomplished in 2019 and what you would like to see and make happen in 2020. Starts at 2 pm at First Congregational UCC. Please let us know if you plan to attend by RSVP’ing at this link.
February 7th – 8th – “Creation Care Retreat”. Check details and register here.
- February 8th – SAVE THE DATE for the annual HKonJ People’s Assembly Coalition Moral March on Raleigh. Walk with local justice action group. Details to follow.
- February 20th – Save the date: “All Things Voting” offered by the League of Women Voters of Henderson County, 4 – 6 pm, at Henderson County Public Library.
- March 3rd – NC Council of Churches offers a WNC summit of faith leaders in Hickory at First United Methodist, 8:30 am – 1:30 pm. For details, check this link.
- March 10th – 11th – RACE (Results Achieved through Community Engagement) for Equity Conference in Durham. For details and cost, check here.
- June 20th – NC Poor People’s Campaign will take a large delegation to Washington, D.C. for Mass People’s Assembly and March. Register here so they’ll know you’re coming!
Calendar of Events/Activities